Welcome to the Yateley & Yateley Green Women's Institute
Yateley WI was formed on 1st February 1918 when Miss de Winton Corry of Yateley Hall invited 15 ladies to meet in her dining room for the purpose of forming a WI.
Yateley WI met at Yateley Hall until April 1930 when it moved into its own hall, an army hut, erected on land given to them by Miss Corry, where The Parade stands now.
In 1961 it was proposed that the WI would exchange its present land and hall for a similar sized piece of land and a new brick hall.
The official opening of the new hall took place on 14th October 1963. The same year saw the beginning of Yateley Green WI, an evening Institute. Both Institutes enjoyed meetings, demonstrations, workshops and talks for many years until November 2010 when Yateley amalgamated into Yateley & Yateley Green WI, who run an afternoon and an evening meeting.
Yateley WI will celebrate its centenary in 2018
The hall has been refurbished and is now open to all our users.
On the 1st February 2018 we had a party for our 100 Year party.Members and visitors dressed in various outfits to depict the 100 years. The Morris Men opened the party, we had skits from members as well as Sandy and Peter Parker with their information on the WW1 and WW2 songs and artifacts. We Finished with a Singer taking in all the top shows and songs of the past 50 years. We also had a stripper. Colin came out into the hall behind a screen and put over his tie then his longjohns, everyone was getting excited - then he came out with a paper stripper and stripped wallpaper off the board. Everyone was not disappointed. The Food was supplied by the sub committee. Avril, Ann, Catherine, Francis, Jill and Susie. They did a good job keeping everyone happy from 3pm to 9pm. Well done Girls.
The hall is situated at the bottom of the service road between the Tesco Express/Tesco Garage and the Chip Shop in The Parade. Situated on the Reading Road B3272.
The Hall can cater for up to 10 cars on the car park as well as two cars parked beside the building.